Thursday, January 1, 2009

Twitter Me Value not............


Since the inception of Twitter into our lives, people have used it for a variety of reasons. From group conversations to just letting

your followers know that you're sitting on a beanbag naked eating Cheetos. For sure Twitter has many uses. That's why people love it. More

& more businesses are starting to see the value in using Twitter in their marketing strategy and that's good but how they use it will

determine just how effective it will be for them in the long run. As a Tweeter using this great application in business, I am looking for

value from the Tweeters I follow. Not SPAM. The old media was about selling us when we weren't necessarily shopping and it had its place in

its time. The new media is all about giving us want we want when we want it and bringing us timely, valuable information. With the exception

of greetings of all kinds I always pause before I Tweet asking myself what value this brings to my followers. Otherwise I run the risk of

losing them. Be careful not to bring the old media tactics into the new media. Give your followers a reason to stick around.
Happy Tweeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment